This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the Preble County Fair Grounds Manager. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to the job.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES/JOB OBJECTIVES:
Plan, supervise and coordinate support services and programs for all Fair Grounds activities involving event support, facility/equipment maintenance and repair, grounds maintenance, security and custodial services; plan and policy development; and any needed logistical support services.
This position will work under the direction and control of the Executive Committee of the Preble County Agriculture Society Board of Directors. The Executive Committee will provide guidance and suggestions. Preble County Agriculture Society Board of Directors will annually evaluate performance of the Fair Grounds Manager.
1. Comply with the Bylaws of the Preble County Agriculture Society and the rules and regulations of the Ohio Department of Agriculture pertaining to Fairs.
2. Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
3. Accomplishes staff results and encouraging a team effort by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
4. Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
5. Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Maintain operational records and prepare monthly reports regarding activities and costs.
6. Maintains quality service by: enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; and recommending improvements to the Preble County Agriculture Society Board of Directors.
7. Complete all reports as required by the Board of Directors, the Ohio Department of Agriculture and any other reports as required by State and Federal Laws.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
9. Organizes the work schedule for the fairgrounds to assure the completion of regular assignments, as well as provide adequate coverage for special projects to ensure all work is completed on a timely basis.
10. Determines needs for supplies and equipment and makes requests per written policy for their acquisition, monitors the use of tools, and equipment to ensure adequate resources. Maintains appropriate property inventory for the fairgrounds. (i.e. equipment, pens, tools, etc.)
11. Responds to grounds user complaints, or concerns related to facility care, clean-up, etc. and sets up, or makes arrangements for any special activities. Responds readily to inquiries from the general public, clients, and vendors regarding Fair Grounds programs and activities.
12. Maintains employee records and prepares payroll sheets to ensure accurate record of hours worked and that employees are accurately compensated.
13. Establishes long and short term plans by defining future objectives and developing specific programs and projects. These objectives and programs are to be approved by the Preble County Agriculture Society Board of Directors. (Examples of programs and projects include: Operation of Fair, Premium Book, Issuing Passes, Website, PCAS Membership List)
14. Develops and maintains written policy and plans for Fair Grounds Operation (Financial/Employee/ General Operation) to be approved by the Preble County Agriculture Society Board of Directors.
15. Attends all meetings of the Preble County Agriculture Society unless excused by the majority of the Preble County Agriculture Society Executive Committee.
16. All other duties as assigned for the betterment of the Fair Grounds and the Agriculture Society by the Preble County Agriculture Society Executive Committee.